Half-day and full-day interactive and hands-on workshops to improve your storytelling, strategic plans, messaging, sales and PR. You’ll use frameworks, create content, and brainstorm ideas – everything designed to get the creative juices flowing.
A half-day workshop for marketers, salespeople, and executives.
To capture the spotlight, brands need to tell stories that engage consumers and create strong connections. With more than 20 years as a storyteller (reporter, startup marketer, and consultant) I can help you embrace the power of storytelling to meet your goals – be it brand awareness, leads or sales. The workshop is action-oriented, featuring exercises, worksheets, and frameworks that will help you see storytelling in action.
- Why storytelling has become a competitive necessity.
- The benefits of storytelling (why you need to do it!)
- Interactive exercises and frameworks to create corporate stories, and media pitches.
- How to identify storytelling opportunities.
- How to establish a storytelling corporate culture.
Learn more about how to jump-start your storytelling.
Too many brands struggle with marketing because they don’t have a strategic plan, or they believe that marketing success happens by being everywhere. This is a recipe for failure.
Instead, you need to focus on the right things, the right people and the right channels. It is about creating a roadmap so you can move forward with confidence and organizational cohesion.
- How to establish goals and objectives
- Identifying target audiences and create buyer personas
- Selecting and prioritizing the right channels to reflect budgets, people, and goals.
- Creating content that engages, educates and entertains.
- Measuring and optimizing performance.
Learn more about how to create a roadmap for success.
I was lucky enough to be at Mark’s strategy workshop. I was blown away on many levels. First, he had the best PowerPoint I’ve ever seen – – many slides just had a photo with one word superimposed. Most of us have a marketing plan of sorts in our heads. Mark gave us a superb basis for a real roadmap.
Messaging and Brand Positioning
In a fast-moving world, you literally have seconds to capture someone’s attention. If you message isn’t clear, concise and easy to graph, consumers will quickly move on to other options. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to create messaging that tells the world what you do, who you serve and why it matters. You’ll learn how to create value propositions, elevator pitches, buyer personas, mission and vision statements that make an impact.
- How to identify key issues about your product, market, and rivals
- Conduct competitive audits and do SWOT analysis.
- Establish your positioning: value propositions, elevator pitches, and more.
- How to test messaging with external and internal stakeholders.
- How to pollinate your messaging within your sales and marketing collateral.
Storytelling for Salespeople
A half-day sessions for sales leaders and success teams.
In a world in which customers are overwhelmed with options, salespeople need to connect with prospects by telling stories that resonate, establish a relationship and build trust. It means telling stories that highlight the experiences and value delivered by your product rather than putting the spotlight on features and prices.
This workshop gives salespeople the tools and approaches they need to effectively move prospects down the funnel.
- Why storytelling is an effective way to turn prospects into customers
- How to connect and build trust and relationships with customers.
- How to tell the right stories at the right time.
Learn more about how to turn your salespeople into storytellers.
PR & Media Outreach
Many entrepreneurs dream about media coverage but have no idea about how to actually attract it. This fun and interactive workshop provides insight into how the media works and what reporters want. This workshop shows you:
- What captures the interest of reporters and bloggers.
- How to identify opportunities storytelling opportunities
- How to effectively pitch reporters and bloggers
- How to write emails and press releases.